This is from Nathan Collins blog
- Fox News headline this morning: “Obama’s Debt Reduction Plan: TAX HIKES”. (Caps theirs.)
- Huff Post: “OBAMA TO GOP: END TAX BREAKS FOR MILLIONAIRES, OIL COMPANIES”.
- LA Times: “Obama challenges GOP on tax breaks at press conference”.
- Washington Post: “Obama urges GOP to agree to tax increases”.
- MSNBC: “OBAMA TO CONGRESS ON DEBT TALKS: ‘GET IT DONE'”.
Think about how the different headlines will affect people’s views. Also think about whether the headline writers had anything in mind—consciously or unconsciously—when they wrote them.
You can read his post on framing, priming, and manipulation here.
More from Nathan Collins: